- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The Otaru Tourist Office is to the left of the ticket gates inside the station. It has room availability lists for hotels. English is basic, but they try hard. The Unga Plaza Tourist Office, by the canal, has city information and leaflets for further travel. From the station, walk down the main street for eight blocks; the office is in the stone buildings on the left before the canal.
Otaru Tourist Office. 0134/29-1333. Daily 9-6.
Unga Plaza Tourist Office. 2-1-20 Ironai, Otaru, 047-0032. 0134/33-1661.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- Imperial Japan — $9,975 IExplore