Sanur Beach Review
The beach is the thing in Sanur, which has perfect views of Mount Agung when clouds part. An offshore reef breaks the waves into gentle ripples lapping the white sand. But the reef also means there's often barely enough water to cover your ankles at low tide—ask your hotel staff about the tides. The surfing here is strictly for experts, as the coral can produce nasty gashes and worse. Perfect for strolling or biking, a brick beach walkway runs for 5 km (3 miles). It's lined with shops, cafes, and water-sports operators. Amenities: food and drink, toilets, showers. Best for: walking, sunrise. surfing.
- Address: Sanur, Bali
- Location: Sanur
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
Greetings Fodorites, here is my attempt at a report of my travels across Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand, a trip that took exactly one month to complete.
Before I begin, I want to say Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more