Echo Beach Review
This tucked-away surf spot lets you enjoy the beach the way it was intended, without the pretense found to the south. Echo Beach is a stretch of black sand accessed by steps, located below a series of rocky outcrops. The water is safe for experienced surfers only; otherwise stick to wading. When the weather is right, the area is shrouded in mist. A series of warung (food vendors) have sprung up on wooden decks above the beach, serving beverages and simple meals. The 10 km (6-mile) ride from Seminyak passes through many of the area's remaining rice fields. Hang out all day or just come for sunset. Amenities: Food and drink; toilets. Best for: Walking; sunset; surfing.
- Address: Jalan Batu Bolong, Canggu, Bali 80361
- Location: Seminyak
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
Greetings Fodorites, here is my attempt at a report of my travels across Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand, a trip that took exactly one month to complete.
Before I begin, I want to say Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more