Tanah Lot Temple
Tanah Lot Temple Review
This seaside temple perched atop a tidal islet rates high among Bali's signature sights. Built during the 15th century, Tanah Lot remains a major pilgrimage destination. A spring here supplies holy water to temples across Bali, and priests offer blessings to all. Buses converge here for the magical sunset tableau; arrive early to avoid the traffic and experience the temple, not the crowd. At most times, the 15-km (10-mile) drive north from Seminyak requires less than half an hour. A gauntlet of vendors, many of them pushy, line the paths from parking areas to the temple grounds. Adjacent Surya Mandala Cultural Park stages a kecak dance—an a cappella performance accompanied by a chanting male chorus—at 6:30 nightly. Admission to the performance is Rp50,000.
- Address: Jalan Raya Tanah Lot, Tabanan, Bali 82115
- Cost: Rp30,000
- Location: Seminyak
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
we had the luck to use putu last week in bali for most of the week...he had been suggested by craig on this forum...
we were very pleased with him in every respect
his rates range from 250,000 rp to 400,000 Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more