Pasifika Museum Review
Take a primer course in the fine arts of Bali at Pasifika Museum. The 350 piece collection, mainly paintings, includes legendary Balinese and foreign artists. Big names Adrien Jean Le Mayeur, Theo Maier, Miguel Covarrubias and Donald Friend—the latter two perhaps better known for their writing about Bali—are well represented. Rather oddly, artworks are arranged by the artists' country of birth, rather than chronologically or by subject or region depicted. Works from Pacific islands and Indochina are also displayed. The museum injects needed local culture into Nusa Dua, a government-developed five-star hotel complex about 9 miles (15 kilometers) from Kuta at the southern tip of Bali that lacks island character.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
we had the luck to use putu last week in bali for most of the week...he had been suggested by craig on this forum...
we were very pleased with him in every respect
his rates range from 250,000 rp to 400,000 Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more