Museum Le Mayeur
Museum Le Mayeur Review
Explore the works of Belgian painter Adrien Jean Le Mayeur de Merpes, who arrived in Sanur in 1932 at age 52. He shared the remainder of his life on Bali with Ni Nyoman Pollok, the 15 year old dancer that became his primary model and wife The couple's home, on a wide patch of beach, displays 88 of Le Mayeur's works, including early impressionist views of Europe, island watercolors on grass matting, and later rich oils that still influence Balinese artists. Original antique furniture, period photos, and elaborate stone and wood carvings on shutters and walls contextualize the paintings and the Le Mayeurs. Don't miss the canvas of Balinese maidens lounging around a fish pond, then see that same elegant window frame still overlooking the pond.
- Address: Sanur Beach, 165 feet (150 meters) south of Jalan Hang Tuah, Sanur, Bali
- Phone: 0361/286201
- Cost: Rp10,000 adult; Rp 5,000 child
- Hours: Mon.–Thurs., Sat., Sun. 8am- 3pm, Fri. 8am-12:30pm Fri
- Location: Sanur
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
we had the luck to use putu last week in bali for most of the week...he had been suggested by craig on this forum...
we were very pleased with him in every respect
his rates range from 250,000 rp to 400,000 Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more