Lara Djonggrang Review
An elegant treasury of Indonesiana, Lara Djonggrang celebrates the nation's culinary and cultural heritage. Authentic period decor leans toward antiques and brooding lighting in a rabbit warren of dining rooms within a historic Menteng district mansion. Lara Djonggrang's dizzyingly diverse menu also befits Tugu Group, homegrown operators of eclectic hotels and eateries, featuring tastes of the archipelago with a focus on Java. Some contend Lara Djonggrang favors style over spice; begin your deliberations with nasi rames platters, offering bites of Indonesia's many splendored tastes. Eat family-style and consider ordering extra, as main portions run small.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
I am going to book our flights to get us from country to country during our Southeast Asia trip in July and August today or very soon. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more