Lara Djonggrang Review
An elegant treasury of Indonesiana, Lara Djonggrang celebrates the nation's culinary and cultural heritage. Authentic period decor leans toward antiques and brooding lighting in a rabbit warren of dining rooms within a historic Menteng district mansion. Lara Djonggrang's dizzyingly diverse menu also befits Tugu Group, homegrown operators of eclectic hotels and eateries, featuring tastes of the archipelago with a focus on Java. Some contend Lara Djonggrang favors style over spice; begin your deliberations with nasi rames platters, offering bites of Indonesia's many splendored tastes. Eat family-style and consider ordering extra, as main portions run small.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
Friends and fellow travelers,
My wife and I need some additional advice about our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more