Lara Djonggrang Review
An elegant treasury of Indonesiana, Lara Djonggrang celebrates the nation's culinary and cultural heritage. Authentic period decor leans toward antiques and brooding lighting in a rabbit warren of dining rooms within a historic Menteng district mansion. Lara Djonggrang's dizzyingly diverse menu also befits Tugu Group, homegrown operators of eclectic hotels and eateries, featuring tastes of the archipelago with a focus on Java. Some contend Lara Djonggrang favors style over spice; begin your deliberations with nasi rames platters, offering bites of Indonesia's many splendored tastes. Eat family-style and consider ordering extra, as main portions run small.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
Hi, we would like to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary followed by my wife's birthday in Nov'14. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more