European-style brasserie–cum–bar Union shows staying power with the capital's fickle upscale diners and lounge hounds. Iconic white tiles, vintage finishing and photos, glass roof, and open windows overlooking Plaza Senayan's courtyard lend an elegant yet casual ambience. The food? Start with escargot in garlic butter, then Indonesian favorite bakmie ayan (chicken noodle) served with foie grass or a juicy cut seared on the grill, followed by velvet cake fresh from the bakery, and you'll understand why Union is always packed. The lycheetini isn't too bad either.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
Greetings Fodorites, here is my attempt at a report of my travels across Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand, a trip that took exactly one month to complete.
Before I begin, I want to say Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more