European-style brasserie–cum–bar Union shows staying power with the capital's fickle upscale diners and lounge hounds. Iconic white tiles, vintage finishing and photos, glass roof, and open windows overlooking Plaza Senayan's courtyard lend an elegant yet casual ambience. The food? Start with escargot in garlic butter, then Indonesian favorite bakmie ayan (chicken noodle) served with foie grass or a juicy cut seared on the grill, followed by velvet cake fresh from the bakery, and you'll understand why Union is always packed. The lycheetini isn't too bad either.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
Friends and fellow travelers,
My wife and I need some additional advice about our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more