Barbecued seafood at sunset on Jimbaran Bay is a Bali tradition, and Menega is the grill of your dreams. Pick raw seafood from tanks or trays of ice, have them weighed (you pay by gram), and watch them heat up on the coconut-husk inferno. Menega stands out for barbecue sauce that puts the snap in snapper, clams grilled on the half-shell, and cumi (squid, pronounced "chew-me") cut into strips and skewered. Meals include a basket of rice, stir-fry kangkung (water spinach), and four sauces—sweet to moderately spicy—served at tables on the sand. Come early to swim and build an appetite.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
we had the luck to use putu last week in bali for most of the week...he had been suggested by craig on this forum...
we were very pleased with him in every respect
his rates range from 250,000 rp to 400,000 Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more