Bumbu Bali Review
Chef Heinz von Holzen wrote the book on Balinese cuisine—three, actually—and shares his love at Bumbu Bali (Bali Spice). A family compound setting with open pavilions in a garden sets the homey atmosphere. The menu offers classic kitchen favorites sate lilit (minced seafood skewers) and superbly grilled fish, alongside island specialties ayam betutu (roast chicken in banana leaf) and bebek betutu (the duck version; order 24 hours ahead), and innovations like tamillo ice cream, crafted from a bitter local strawberry variant. Book well ahead for a class at the renowned cooking school, which includes market visits and preparing 20-odd recipes for lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
we had the luck to use putu last week in bali for most of the week...he had been suggested by craig on this forum...
we were very pleased with him in every respect
his rates range from 250,000 rp to 400,000 Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more