Creeping shrubbery shields this discreet bastion of the finest French food in Jakarta. Elegant and light-filled, two-story Emilie draws a cross-section of diners—European expats, business and political hotshots, plus those who simply love good Gallic grub. The kitchen focuses on meticulously prepared basic French food, accompanied by attentive, never haughty service. The à la carte menu includes recommended crab-and-bulgur salad with tomato gazpacho and succulent porc de Iberico. For a tour de France à la Emilie, splurge for the eight-course Discovery Menu, available with wine pairings.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
Greetings Fodorites, here is my attempt at a report of my travels across Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand, a trip that took exactly one month to complete.
Before I begin, I want to say Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more