Jalan Surabaya Antique and Flea Market
Jalan Surabaya Antique and Flea Market Review
A longstanding city landmark, Jalan Surabaya's gaggle of shops and kiosks is Jakarta's place to look for an Elvis Presley LP and a gramophone to play it. Locals and visitors stream here for the mind-boggling variety of knickknacks and tchotchkes, plus art pieces and antiques ranging fabulous to fake; before spending serious money, make certain you know the difference. Jalan Surabaya has something for everyone, so give yourself a few hours to sift through its full half-kilometer (one-third mile) length. Haggling with the good-natured but savvy sellers, starting at a fraction of their asking price, is part of experience. Get your piece at your price? Then bargain for a vintage bag to bring it home.
- Address: Jalan Surabaya, Menteng, Central Jakarta
- Hours: Daily 10–9 for most sellers
- Location: Jakarta
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
we had the luck to use putu last week in bali for most of the week...he had been suggested by craig on this forum...
we were very pleased with him in every respect
his rates range from 250,000 rp to 400,000 Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more