Dapoer Melayu Review
In the spicy cauldron of Jakarta cuisine, you'll find added zest in no-frills but comfortable Dapoer Melayu, which serves food of Aceh and North Sumatra. Choose from a smorgasbord of savory chicken and mutton curries, culinary show-stopping rendang (West Sumatran–style beef simmered for days in coconut milk and spices), assorted potato and corn cakes, aromatic soups—such as gulai kepala ikan (curried fish head), and vegetable stews. The high point for some may be sambal ganja, a traditional Aceh condiment of the little green leaf mashed with garlic and chili: heady stuff.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
we had the luck to use putu last week in bali for most of the week...he had been suggested by craig on this forum...
we were very pleased with him in every respect
his rates range from 250,000 rp to 400,000 Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more