Founded back in 1947, Trio keeps earning major cred for its huge array of Chinese-Indonesian dishes. Must-tries include spring rolls, asparagus soup, scrumptious noodle dishes, and fried rice. At crowded meal times, find yourself sharing a Formica table with a gaggle of the city's socialites, a bunch of clubbers preparing for a night on the town, or an elderly couple heading down culinary memory lane. Owned by a founder's son, Trio has an old-school feel that extends to its simple, un– air-conditioned dining room and soberly dressed, dour-faced waiters still serving what fans say is the best Chinese food in town.
- Address: Jalan RP Soeroso 29A, Menteng, Central Jakarta
- Phone: 021/3193–6295
- Location: Jakarta
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Read more
By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Read more
Greetings Fodorites, here is my attempt at a report of my travels across Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand, a trip that took exactly one month to complete.
Before I begin, I want to say Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more