Founded back in 1947, Trio keeps earning major cred for its huge array of Chinese-Indonesian dishes. Must-tries include spring rolls, asparagus soup, scrumptious noodle dishes, and fried rice. At crowded meal times, find yourself sharing a Formica table with a gaggle of the city's socialites, a bunch of clubbers preparing for a night on the town, or an elderly couple heading down culinary memory lane. Owned by a founder's son, Trio has an old-school feel that extends to its simple, un– air-conditioned dining room and soberly dressed, dour-faced waiters still serving what fans say is the best Chinese food in town.
- Address: Jalan RP Soeroso 29A, Menteng, Central Jakarta
- Phone: 021/3193–6295
- Location: Jakarta
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I and my wife travelled to Bali Feb 2013 for 5 days and had one of our best holidays there. Spent 3 days in Bali Asri near Seminyak ... Read more
INTRO By way of introduction, Glen and I are from Washington DC, currently living in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I post on this forum both to rec... Read more