The tinkling of gamelan music lets you know that Sanur has managed to retain touches of its village character. Following a swath of white sand beach along Bali’s southeast coast, Sanur is quieter than Kuta, less trendy than Seminyak, and more grounded than Ubud. Detractors call it "Snore," but there's plenty to keep visitors occupied. Its compact size and thinner crowds recall Bali before McDonald’s, KFC, and Dunkin’ Donuts (though Sanur has all three).
Sanur at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's