- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Lotus Lounge Review
There's a wonderful view from this simple outdoor terrace restaurant, which is right along the Ganges. The setting itself is simple—a mix of tables and chairs on white Moroccan tiles, and tables with floor seating; the only real adornment is a large mural of the Buddha. The food is as pleasing as the view, with an eclectic menu of dishes including chicken schnitzel, vegetable moussaka, Thai coconut curry, and mushroom makhani (with butter). The mushroom and spinach Indian pakoda with fig dip and the eggplant slices with spicy yogurt sauce are both delicious.
- Address: D14/27 Mansrowar Ghat, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001
- Phone: 9838/567–717
- Location: Varanasi
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
I am just doing some very initial scoping of a possible trip to India. Read more
· News & Features
Our resident cruise expert doles out tips and advice for solo cruisers looking to save money on thei ... Read more
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more