- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Lotus Lounge Review
There's a wonderful view from this simple outdoor terrace restaurant, which is right along the Ganges. The setting itself is simple—a mix of tables and chairs on white Moroccan tiles, and tables with floor seating; the only real adornment is a large mural of the Buddha. The food is as pleasing as the view, with an eclectic menu of dishes including chicken schnitzel, vegetable moussaka, Thai coconut curry, and mushroom makhani (with butter). The mushroom and spinach Indian pakoda with fig dip and the eggplant slices with spicy yogurt sauce are both delicious.
- Address: D14/27 Mansrowar Ghat, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001
- Phone: 9838/567–717
- Location: Varanasi
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Looking for a great hotel for 3 nights in November for a mature couple Location, food, service, quiet, cleanliness are all factors. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more