- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Connected to Hotel Haifa, this restaurant's specialty is Middle Eastern food. It's basically a long room with nondescript tables and lots of tourists flowing in and out—and no wonder, because it's incredibly cheap and the only place in town to sample freshly made Middle Eastern treats. An entire Middle Eastern "thali" consisting of hummus, baba ghanoush (eggplant mashed with spices and olive oil), labneh (strained yogurt), falafel, and potato costs only Rs. 70. In case you're sticking to Indian, there's plenty of that, too, along with Chinese and continental, also at rock-bottom prices.
- Address: B-1/107 Assi Ghat, Varanasi Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 222005
- Phone: 542/231–2960
- Location: Varanasi
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
The southern rural province of Kerala is very different from India's urban centers: it is uncrowded, clean, with a relaxed pace - a great place to unwind, eat fresh seafood, swim in warm winte Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more