- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Connected to Hotel Haifa, this restaurant's specialty is Middle Eastern food. It's basically a long room with nondescript tables and lots of tourists flowing in and out—and no wonder, because it's incredibly cheap and the only place in town to sample freshly made Middle Eastern treats. An entire Middle Eastern "thali" consisting of hummus, baba ghanoush (eggplant mashed with spices and olive oil), labneh (strained yogurt), falafel, and potato costs only Rs. 70. In case you're sticking to Indian, there's plenty of that, too, along with Chinese and continental, also at rock-bottom prices.
- Address: B-1/107 Assi Ghat, Varanasi Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 222005
- Phone: 542/231–2960
- Location: Varanasi
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
I am visiting North India in a few months and I am concerned about safety. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more