- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Around Udaipur
Most of Udaipur's top attractions are on the east shore of the lake, in the Old City, and if you stay near the Jagdish Temple or the City Palace, in the heart of the Old City, you'll be able to reach most of the sites on foot. If you follow the main road downhill from the Jagdish Temple, you'll wind up at the Ghanta Ghar (clock tower)—the road continues north all the way to the city center in the newer, and far less enchanting, part of Udaipur. There are a number of hotels and restaurants on the west shore of the lake, too. The easiest way to get from one side to the other is to cross the small bridge at Chand Pol, on the narrow northern edge of the lake. Auto-rickshaws are also widely available—don't pay more than Rs. 100 for an auto-rickshaw ride anywhere within the main city.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's