- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are domestic airports in Jaipur, Jodhpur, and Udaipur (there's also an airport in Jaisalmer, but civilian flights no longer operate for security reasons, though there is talk of opening it up again, possibly in 2013). Indian Airlines flies between the three and connects Rajasthan with Delhi and Mumbai. The Udaipur-Jodhpur sector sometimes sells out during peak season, as there's no rail connection between the two cities, so reserve in advance. Popular domestic airline carriers to and around Rajasthan include Jet Airways, Air India, IndiGo and SpiceJet. All of these airlines have websites, so searching for tickets is easier than ever.
Airports and Transfers
Jaipur's Sanganer Airport is about 13 km (8 miles) south of town; a taxi into town costs about Rs. 250 if you call for a radio taxi, or Rs. 550 by private taxi. Jodhpur's airport is 5 km (3 miles) from the city center; a taxi into town costs about Rs. 450. Udaipur's Dabok Airport is 25 km (16 miles) from the city center; the ride costs about Rs. 750.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe