- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
On a rooftop, with views of the Jagdish Temple, this renowned backpacker establishment borrows its name from the famous Parisian restaurant. This Maxim's is strictly vegetarian, with a huge selection of Indian dishes—from Chinese food to baked beans on toast. The owner takes pride in using only the freshest ingredients, and vegetables are cleaned using purified water. Adventurous eaters might try the Rajasthani Pizza, a greasy concoction of cheese, veggies, and tomato sauce, sandwiched between two chapattis and deep fried. The lassis here are some of the best in town. Beer and sheesha are also available.
- Address: Near Jagdish Temple, Jagdish Chowk Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001
- Phone: 94–1423–9762
- Location: Udaipur
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Looking for a great hotel for 3 nights in November for a mature couple Location, food, service, quiet, cleanliness are all factors. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more