- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
At a Glance
- heated pool is pleasant day or night
- attentive service always comes with a smile
- uninspiring rooms are on the small side
- location is not central
Check Rates from our Partners
Trident Hilton Review
A relatively affordable option among Udaipur's luxury hotels, the Trident is removed from the downtown bustle, amid acres of beautiful gardens on Lake Pichola. The architecture is striking, but the interior lacks aesthetic sensibility—rooms, facing the garden or pool, are well equipped and modern, but nondescript. At Bada Mahal, the adjoining hunting lodge, you can watch deer and wild boar being fed every evening by a caretaker. The restaurant serves Indian and continental dishes (buffet and à la carte) at lunch and dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
We're beginning to plan a trip to Southern India for February.
We'd like to break the long economy class trip from New York to Bangalore into 2 parts.
We could also land in Mumbai, or Delhi, if one o Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more