- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Vivanta by Taj – Sawai Madhopur
At a Glance
- near the train station
- just a 20-minute drive to the park
- rooms are not particularly elegant or fancy
Check Rates from our Partners
Vivanta by Taj – Sawai Madhopur Review
This Art Deco lodge, the only heritage hotel in Ranthambore, is convenient for the national park as well as being something of a destination in its own right. Built less than a century ago as a hunting lodge for the Maharaja of Jaipur, it retains most of its original features and much of the welcoming house-party aura. It's rooms are large, modern and tastefully furnished, and leisure activities are plenty. The grounds extend over 12 acres of lawns and gardens, and include barbeque areas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
We're beginning to plan a trip to Southern India for February.
We'd like to break the long economy class trip from New York to Bangalore into 2 parts.
We could also land in Mumbai, or Delhi, if one o Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more