- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
The name of the Lake Pichola Hotel's restaurant means "upstairs" in the local dialect, and that's exactly what it is—a rooftop spot beside the pool, with spectacular views of the City Palace Complex and lake, especially charming when they are lighted up after dark. Run by the same family that runs 1559 AD, this is a favorite among locals and tourists, who come for the good-quality food at reasonable prices. The menu features Italian, Mexican, and Chinese dishes alongside the Indian food—mutton dhungar (smoked) is a specialty. The restaurant also has a well-stocked bar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Phew..Visa arrived. We did use a company in Houston to obtain visa and they arrived a week before we needed them.
Here is our itinerary:
We are staying i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more