- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
1559 AD Review
Named after the year when Udaipur was founded, 1559 occupies an elegant colonial bungalow, with the option of dining alfresco in the large garden. The interior is romantically lighted, and the food ranges from Rajasthani game birds (farmed, not hunted), prepared in traditional Indian and European styles, to salmon, rack of lamb, and baby back ribs. Indian meat dishes like laal maas (hot mutton curry) or keema matar (minced meat with peas) are among the favorites. There's a café with an authentic espresso machine and a bar with a decent selection of wines.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Phew..Visa arrived. We did use a company in Houston to obtain visa and they arrived a week before we needed them.
Here is our itinerary:
We are staying i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more