- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
If you're looking to feel like royalty and splurge on a wining and dining experience, head to this elegant, formal dining room adorned with portraits from the royal collection—or opt for the balcony overlooking luscious gardens. The contemporary European and unique Indian dishes are a welcome change from the usual Indian and Rajasthani fare, and if you like seafood, you're in luck—try the prawn curry in a tomato cream sauce. Service is impeccable. The drinks menu is extensive, and includes internationally-sourced wines. Non-hotel guests may have trouble securing a reservation during the busy season.
- Address: Umaid Bhawan Palace, Airport Rd., Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342006
- Phone: 291/251–0101
- Location: Jodhpur
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Looking for a great hotel for 3 nights in November for a mature couple Location, food, service, quiet, cleanliness are all factors. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more