Fodor's Essential India
Sunset Terrace Review
Overlooking Lake Pichola, this café benefits from a constant breeze, and sitting on the terrace feels as if you've joined the aristocracy and have unlimited leisure. The menu includes Indian, European, and Chinese dishes, with a fixed-price menu as well as à la carte options. Favorite options here include the paneer lababdar (cottage cheese in an onion and tomato gravy) and the safed maas, a local lamb dish cooked in cream sauce. Live instrumental music adds to the romance in the evenings. What the place scores in location and atmosphere it loses in food and service.
- Address: Fateh Prakash Palace, City Palace Complex, Udaipur, Rajasthan, 313001
- Phone: 294/252–8016
- Location: Udaipur
- Reservations essential
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I finally finished my travel blog on our trip to Asia, India, and the Middle East. You can find it here: http://culinerrion.travellerspoint.... Read more
Actually I made this trip a few years back, but now I’m planning to visit Mahabaleshwar again, so I just thought it would be n... Read more