- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Serving rich North Indian and Rajasthani food, as well as some Chinese and continental dishes, this rooftop restaurant is an old favorite with travelers. Try the tandoori thali, a combo platter of various chicken and vegetable items baked in a tandoor oven. Regulars like the murg makhni (butter chicken) and baiga bhaji (eggplant curry). The tented roof top has a kitschy though charming look, with good views of the fort from the smaller open terrace area. Trio can get packed with pre-booked tour groups, so check whether you need a reservation for dinner during the peak season.
- Address: Gandhi Chowk, near Amar Sagar Gate, Mandir Palace Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
- Phone: 2992/252–733
- Location: Jaisalmer and Environs
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
I've been to Northern India and just loved it. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more