- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Serving rich North Indian and Rajasthani food, as well as some Chinese and continental dishes, this rooftop restaurant is an old favorite with travelers. Try the tandoori thali, a combo platter of various chicken and vegetable items baked in a tandoor oven. Regulars like the murg makhni (butter chicken) and baiga bhaji (eggplant curry). The tented roof top has a kitschy though charming look, with good views of the fort from the smaller open terrace area. Trio can get packed with pre-booked tour groups, so check whether you need a reservation for dinner during the peak season.
- Address: Gandhi Chowk, near Amar Sagar Gate, Mandir Palace Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
- Phone: 2992/252–733
- Location: Jaisalmer and Environs
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Looking for a great hotel for 3 nights in November for a mature couple Location, food, service, quiet, cleanliness are all factors. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more