- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Serving rich North Indian and Rajasthani food, as well as some Chinese and continental dishes, this rooftop restaurant is an old favorite with travelers. Try the tandoori thali, a combo platter of various chicken and vegetable items baked in a tandoor oven. Regulars like the murg makhni (butter chicken) and baiga bhaji (eggplant curry). The tented roof top has a kitschy though charming look, with good views of the fort from the smaller open terrace area. Trio can get packed with pre-booked tour groups, so check whether you need a reservation for dinner during the peak season.
- Address: Gandhi Chowk, near Amar Sagar Gate, Mandir Palace Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
- Phone: 2992/252–733
- Location: Jaisalmer and Environs
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
First of all, I want to thank all posters from whom I gleaned information for my India trip. Read more
Trip to Hampi and Day 1:
It was the first time I was travelling with both my very good friends and their spouses...AJ and I had spent last new years with Pranava/Manoj and we had made innumerable trips Read more
We are applying for Indian visas and our tour company recommended a firm charging $183 per person.
The Embassy of India has outsourced visa applications to BLS International and they charge $68 per person. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more