- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
On the Rocks
On the Rocks Review
This jungle-theme restaurant is aptly named, not because it has a well-stocked bar, but because the ground inside the mostly outdoor restaurant is gravel. A popular place with locals as well as tour groups, it can get lively over peak season and weekends, when the crowds come in to swing to the music in the cave-like bar called Rocktails. On the same road as Ajit Bhawan hotel and close to numerous shopping boutiques, it's an ideal rest stop for a quick drink or lunch. The food here is rich and hearty, and the tandoori specialties are famous with the local upwardly-mobile crowd.
- Address: Circuit House Rd., next to Ajit Bhawan Hotel Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342001
- Phone: 291/510–2701
- Location: Jodhpur
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Looking for a great hotel for 3 nights in November for a mature couple Location, food, service, quiet, cleanliness are all factors. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more