- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
This is a leading shop for designer and ethnic wear, mostly in cotton, with hand block prints and paisley patterns. The selection includes saris and other clothing—both Indian and casual Western—and it has the prettiest lehengas (skirts) in the state. You can also get beautiful bedspreads, quilts, and cloth bags here.
Anokhi Museum. To learn more about the hand block printing and textiles with natural pigments and dyes that you might want to shop for, check out this museum on your way in our out of Amber Fort (there is a small shop, too). Chanwar Palkiwalon ki Haveli, Kheri Gate, Amber Fort, 302002. 141/253–0226 or 141/400–7245. www.anokhi.com/museum/visit.html. Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
I will be in India around mid May (11th) and would like to hire a reliable guide/driver to do the golden triangle for 4 days.
I went through the forum but there are so many information, so many Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more