Fodor's Essential India
This is a leading shop for designer and ethnic wear, mostly in cotton, with hand block prints and paisley patterns. The selection includes saris and other clothing—both Indian and casual Western—and it has the prettiest lehengas (skirts) in the state. You can also get beautiful bedspreads, quilts, and cloth bags here.
Anokhi Museum. To learn more about the hand block printing and textiles with natural pigments and dyes that you might want to shop for, check out this museum on your way in our out of Amber Fort (there is a small shop, too). Chanwar Palkiwalon ki Haveli, Kheri Gate, Amber Fort, 302002. 141/253–0226 or 141/400–7245. www.anokhi.com/museum/visit.html. Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I finally finished my travel blog on our trip to Asia, India, and the Middle East. You can find it here: http://culinerrion.travellerspoint.... Read more
Actually I made this trip a few years back, but now I’m planning to visit Mahabaleshwar again, so I just thought it would be n... Read more