- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Tilak Gitai Review
A special treat for lovers of miniature paintings is a trip to the home of award-winning artist Tilak Gitai, who creates exquisite miniatures in classic Mughal, Rajput, Pahari, and other styles. Using antique paper, Gitai applies colors made from semiprecious stones, then real gold and silver leaf, in designs so fine he'll give you a magnifying glass to admire them. This is not a quick visit, but it's a great way to spend a few hours with a friendly Rajasthani family and learn about Indian art. Prices start at a few hundred rupees and soar to a few hundred thousand.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
I will be in India around mid May (11th) and would like to hire a reliable guide/driver to do the golden triangle for 4 days.
I went through the forum but there are so many information, so many Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more