A Good Tour in Jodhpur
A Good Tour
Spend your morning at the majestic Meherangarh Fort (which has a good audio tour). If you're adventurous, you could even go for a zip on the fort's Flying Fox zip-line course. Then head into town for a quick lunch, and, if it's not too hot for a stroll, take a short taxi drive 9 km (6 miles) north of Jodhpur to the Mandore Gardens, where you can walk off your lunch. If you have extra time, visit Mahamandir. End your day at the Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum —walk through the museum before it closes at 5, then linger for a drink and dinner and enjoy the fabulous sunset views.
With this plan you can tour Jodhpur in a day, covering the essentials. If you have more time, spend your second day visiting sites like the Jaswant Thada crematorium and doing a bit of shopping.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's