- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Safari prices vary dramatically depending on the itinerary and the level of tourist crush. You can book an excursion yourself, or have your hotel do it—but make sure you check exactly what you're going to get for the price asked. Camel safaris are slow; if you're pressed for time, try combining them with jeep travel. One option is to contact the Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation's Tourist Reception Center (2992/252–406) for reservations.
Royal Desert Safaris. The oldest and most-established agent in town offers trips to nearby villages and overnight sojourns in the desert. Nachna Haveli, Gandhi Chowk, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, 345001. 2992/252–538 or 2992/251–402. www.campsandsafaris.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's