- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Festivals in Rajasthan
The dates of most of Rajasthan's festivals are determined using the Hindu calendar, so timing varies from year to year.
Pushkar's Camel Fair is in October or November, the Jaisalmer Desert Festival in January or February, Jaipur's Gangaur Festival and Udaipur's Mewar Festival are in March or April, and Mount Abu's Summer Festival is in June. Jodhpur's RIFF (Rajasthan International Folk Festival) is usually in late October or November.
The Jaipur Literature Festival in January attracts authors from around the world; speakers at the 2012 festival included Nobel laureate J.M. Coetzee, Oprah Winfrey, William Dalrymple, Tom Stoppard, Kiran Nagarkar, Steven Pinker, and Richard Dawkins. The Dalai Lama will be a keynote speaker in 2013.Updated: 03-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's