- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Rajasthan
Appreciate Jaipur's Pink architecture: Dusty-pink Jaipur is the gateway to Rajasthan's beautiful palaces, forts, culture, and food.
Marvel at the diversity of Rajasthan's landscapes: You can travel from the golden sand dunes in Jaisalmer to Udaipur's lovely Lake Pichola, which is set against the Aravali mountains.
Admire the Massive Mehrangarh Fort: Standing dramatically on a hill, this massive fort is one of Jodhpur's most imposing treasures.
Make a palace your home: Spend a night in one of the many opulent palaces and forts that have been converted into heritage hotels around Rajasthan.
Go on a shopping spree: Hopefully, there's room in your suitcase for the jewelry, clothes, fabric, carpets, leather-bound journals, silver, and everything else that has caught your eye—or buy an extra bag to hold your goodies.Updated: 03-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's