- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
After a long day of sightseeing, stop at this good but basic rooftop hangout at the Hotel Haveli in the Old City. Go for a sundown drink or dinner and take in stunning views of the nearby lake, the fort, the clock tower, and the Umaid Bhawan Palace. The mostly Indian menu includes a couple of continental dishes at reasonable prices and a decent list of drinks on the bar menu. Note that the steps leading four stories up to the restaurant are quite steep.
- Address: Hotel Haveli, Gulab Sagar, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342001
- Phone: 291/329–3328; 291/263–8344
- Location: Jodhpur
- No credit cards.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Looking for a great hotel for 3 nights in November for a mature couple Location, food, service, quiet, cleanliness are all factors. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more