- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
After a long day of sightseeing, stop at this good but basic rooftop hangout at the Hotel Haveli in the Old City. Go for a sundown drink or dinner and take in stunning views of the nearby lake, the fort, the clock tower, and the Umaid Bhawan Palace. The mostly Indian menu includes a couple of continental dishes at reasonable prices and a decent list of drinks on the bar menu. Note that the steps leading four stories up to the restaurant are quite steep.
- Address: Hotel Haveli, Gulab Sagar, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342001
- Phone: 291/329–3328; 291/263–8344
- Location: Jodhpur
- No credit cards.
- No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
First of all, I want to thank all posters from whom I gleaned information for my India trip. Read more
Trip to Hampi and Day 1:
It was the first time I was travelling with both my very good friends and their spouses...AJ and I had spent last new years with Pranava/Manoj and we had made innumerable trips Read more
We are applying for Indian visas and our tour company recommended a firm charging $183 per person.
The Embassy of India has outsourced visa applications to BLS International and they charge $68 per person. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more