- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Savage Garden Review
This Mediterranean-style, three-story restaurant is tucked away in the heart of Udaipur's Old City, and there is seating inside and out. Service may not be great, but the food makes up for it—even the menu, just a page long, is a refreshing change from the sheaves of standard Indian, Chinese, and continental options elsewhere. Owned by a German expat, the restaurant specializes in homemade pastas, some with an Indian twist, and all dishes are prepared with filtered water. Beer and wine are available, as is free Internet, and a selection of unusual locally made cutlery is also sold here.
- Address: 22, inside Chandpol, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001
- Phone: 294/242–5440
- Location: Udaipur
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
I've been to Northern India and just loved it. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more