- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Savage Garden Review
This Mediterranean-style, three-story restaurant is tucked away in the heart of Udaipur's Old City, and there is seating inside and out. Service may not be great, but the food makes up for it—even the menu, just a page long, is a refreshing change from the sheaves of standard Indian, Chinese, and continental options elsewhere. Owned by a German expat, the restaurant specializes in homemade pastas, some with an Indian twist, and all dishes are prepared with filtered water. Beer and wine are available, as is free Internet, and a selection of unusual locally made cutlery is also sold here.
- Address: 22, inside Chandpol, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001
- Phone: 294/242–5440
- Location: Udaipur
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
As some of you may already know from my responses in this forum, I've been mulling the idea of a trip to India for some time, but have not had the courage to bite the bullet. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more