- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sunset Terrace Review
Overlooking Lake Pichola, this café benefits from a constant breeze, and sitting on the terrace feels as if you've joined the aristocracy and have unlimited leisure. The menu includes Indian, European, and Chinese dishes, with a fixed-price menu as well as à la carte options. Favorite options here include the paneer lababdar (cottage cheese in an onion and tomato gravy) and the safed maas, a local lamb dish cooked in cream sauce. Live instrumental music adds to the romance in the evenings. What the place scores in location and atmosphere it loses in food and service.
- Address: Fateh Prakash Palace, City Palace Complex, Udaipur, Rajasthan, 313001
- Phone: 294/252-8016 to 19
- Location: Udaipur
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $277 & Up: The Raj Palace Grand Heritage 5-Star Hotel in Jaipur Expedia
- Small budget: Book Baba Haveli 3 Nts in May Fr $18+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Jaipur: Save this May Fr $47+/Nt — $47 Expedia
- $60 & Up: Cheap Ahmedabad Stay — $60 Save with Hotels.com, $15/night less
- Jaipur Savings! Book at Four Points by Sheraton Jaipur Fr $49+/Nt — $49 Save with Expedia, $11/night less
I travelled to Agra in feb & spent 2-1/2 days there. Read more
It’s been almost three weeks since my return from India and I still am dreaming of tigers and eating homemade naan. Read more
Need a small advice on my trip. Want to visit either Nepal or Kashmir for a week with my spouse. Just want a decent holiday. Please suggest me better choice .
Cheers! Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more