- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Sunset Terrace Review
Overlooking Lake Pichola, this café benefits from a constant breeze, and sitting on the terrace feels as if you've joined the aristocracy and have unlimited leisure. The menu includes Indian, European, and Chinese dishes, with a fixed-price menu as well as à la carte options. Favorite options here include the paneer lababdar (cottage cheese in an onion and tomato gravy) and the safed maas, a local lamb dish cooked in cream sauce. Live instrumental music adds to the romance in the evenings. What the place scores in location and atmosphere it loses in food and service.
- Address: Fateh Prakash Palace, City Palace Complex, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001
- Phone: 294/252–8016 to 19
- Location: Udaipur
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Phew..Visa arrived. We did use a company in Houston to obtain visa and they arrived a week before we needed them.
Here is our itinerary:
We are staying i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more