- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sunset Terrace Review
Overlooking Lake Pichola, this café benefits from a constant breeze, and sitting on the terrace feels as if you've joined the aristocracy and have unlimited leisure. The menu includes Indian, European, and Chinese dishes, with a fixed-price menu as well as à la carte options. Favorite options here include the paneer lababdar (cottage cheese in an onion and tomato gravy) and the safed maas, a local lamb dish cooked in cream sauce. Live instrumental music adds to the romance in the evenings. What the place scores in location and atmosphere it loses in food and service.
- Address: Fateh Prakash Palace, City Palace Complex, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001
- Phone: 294/252-8016 to 19
- Location: Udaipur
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- India Experience IExplore
- Classical India IExplore
- Southern India Experience — $1,099 IExplore
- Enlightened India (18-Day) — $9,995 IExplore
- Classical India — $9,095 IExplore
I travelled to Agra in feb & spent 2-1/2 days there. Read more
It’s been almost three weeks since my return from India and I still am dreaming of tigers and eating homemade naan. Read more
As you can see, we are still wrestling with our India itinerary for February 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more