- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Suvarna Mahal Review
Once the maharaja's throne room, this grand hall has a soaring, frescoed ceiling, tapestry-covered walls, and gold-plated silverware, and a staff eager to elaborate on the history and decoration as well as the menu. Service is impeccable. The specialties are cuisines from the royal kitchens of Hyderabad, Punjab, Awadh, and, of course, Rajasthan; try murgh tikka zaffrani (chicken marinated in yogurt and saffron and cooked in a tandoor) and dahi ka mass (lamb cooked in a yogurt-base curry). A good vegetarian choice is papad ki sabzi (vegetables cooked in gravy). For dessert Ras Malai is soft, creamy and juicy.
- Address: Rambagh Palace, Bhawani Singh Rd., Rambagh, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302005
- Phone: 141/221–1919
- Location: Jaipur
- Jacket and tie.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
As some of you may already know from my responses in this forum, I've been mulling the idea of a trip to India for some time, but have not had the courage to bite the bullet. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more