- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Bada Bagh Review
Outside of Jaisalmer proper and on the shore of an artificial lake, this site is home to a collection of cenotaphs of Jaisalmer's Rajput rulers. The gardens are especially notable, with so much lush greenery (when there's no drought) that they resemble a beautiful oasis. There are royal cenotaphs in the gardens as well, with canopies under which members of the royal family are buried. Notice the beautifully carved ceilings and equestrian statues of the former rulers. The city's vegetables and fruits were once grown here in the extensive gardens.
- Address: 6 km (4 miles) northwest of Jaisalmer Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
- Cost: Rs. 100; camera fee Rs. 50; video camera fee Rs. 150
- Hours: Daily 9–6
- Location: Jaisalmer and Environs
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
I will be in India around mid May (11th) and would like to hire a reliable guide/driver to do the golden triangle for 4 days.
I went through the forum but there are so many information, so many Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more