- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Lodarva Temples Review
The founder of Jaisalmer, Rawal Jaisal, lived here before shifting his capital to Jaisalmer proper. The ruins of the former city are interesting: the Jain temple complex is known for its nag devta (snake god), a live snake that appears on auspicious days and nights. The snake is worshiped because, as legend goes, it has been protecting this temple for thousands of years. The temples are famous for their graceful architecture and detailed carving.
- Address: 16 km (10 miles) northwest of Jaisalmer Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
- Cost: Rs. 120 including camera.
- Hours: Daily 9–6
- Location: Jaisalmer and Environs
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Phew..Visa arrived. We did use a company in Houston to obtain visa and they arrived a week before we needed them.
Here is our itinerary:
We are staying i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more