- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Lodarva Temples Review
The founder of Jaisalmer, Rawal Jaisal, lived here before shifting his capital to Jaisalmer proper. The ruins of the former city are interesting: the Jain temple complex is known for its nag devta (snake god), a live snake that appears on auspicious days and nights. The snake is worshiped because, as legend goes, it has been protecting this temple for thousands of years. The temples are famous for their graceful architecture and detailed carving.
- Address: 16 km (10 miles) northwest of Jaisalmer Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
- Cost: Rs. 120 including camera.
- Hours: Daily 9–6
- Location: Jaisalmer and Environs
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
I've been to Northern India and just loved it. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more