- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Serving rich North Indian and Rajasthani food, as well as some Chinese and continental dishes, this rooftop restaurant is an old favorite with travelers. Try the tandoori thali, a combo platter of various chicken and vegetable items baked in a tandoor oven. Regulars like the murg makhni (butter chicken) and baiga bhaji (eggplant curry). The tented roof top has a kitschy though charming look, with good views of the fort from the smaller open terrace area. Trio can get packed with pre-booked tour groups, so check whether you need a reservation for dinner during the peak season.
- Address: Gandhi Chowk, near Amar Sagar Gate, Mandir Palace Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
- Phone: 2992/252–733
- Location: Jaisalmer and Environs
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
As some of you may already know from my responses in this forum, I've been mulling the idea of a trip to India for some time, but have not had the courage to bite the bullet. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more