- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Serving rich North Indian and Rajasthani food, as well as some Chinese and continental dishes, this rooftop restaurant is an old favorite with travelers. Try the tandoori thali, a combo platter of various chicken and vegetable items baked in a tandoor oven. Regulars like the murg makhni (butter chicken) and baiga bhaji (eggplant curry). The tented roof top has a kitschy though charming look, with good views of the fort from the smaller open terrace area. Trio can get packed with pre-booked tour groups, so check whether you need a reservation for dinner during the peak season.
- Address: Gandhi Chowk, near Amar Sagar Gate, Mandir Palace Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
- Phone: 2992/252–733
- Location: Jaisalmer and Environs
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
I'm so confused. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more