- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Neemrana Fort Palace
At a Glance
- even some bathrooms have lovely views
- morning and afternoon tea with cookies is included
- stunning sunsets
- fixed meal times
- original building full of stairs and steep ramps
- can get crowded on weekends
Check Rates from our Partners
Neemrana Fort Palace Review
This 15th-century fort, now a heritage hotel, is one of the finest retreats in India, perched on a plateau in the Aravali Hills with stunning views. The rooms, which vary in size (the cheapest can be cramped), are masterpieces and the architecture is fascinating and fun to explore; a luxurious new wing is perfectly matched to the original. The main restaurant serves Rajasthani and decent European dishes. There's a dilapidated yet charming stepwell to discover nearby (ask for directions).
- Address: Neemrana village, 150 km (94 miles) north of Jaipur, off NH–8 Jaipur, Rajasthan 301705 | Map It
- Phone: 1494/299900; 11/2435–6145; 11/4666–1666
- Website: www.neemranahotels.com
- Location: Jaipur
- 25 rooms, 34 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
We're beginning to plan a trip to Southern India for February.
We'd like to break the long economy class trip from New York to Bangalore into 2 parts.
We could also land in Mumbai, or Delhi, if one o Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more