- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Neemrana Fort Palace
At a Glance
- even some bathrooms have lovely views
- morning and afternoon tea with cookies is included
- stunning sunsets
- fixed meal times
- original building full of stairs and steep ramps
- can get crowded on weekends
Check Rates from our Partners
Neemrana Fort Palace Review
This 15th-century fort, now a heritage hotel, is one of the finest retreats in India, perched on a plateau in the Aravali Hills with stunning views. The rooms, which vary in size (the cheapest can be cramped), are masterpieces and the architecture is fascinating and fun to explore; a luxurious new wing is perfectly matched to the original. The main restaurant serves Rajasthani and decent European dishes. There's a dilapidated yet charming stepwell to discover nearby (ask for directions).
- Address: Neemrana village, 150 km (94 miles) north of Jaipur, off NH–8 Jaipur, Rajasthan 301705 | Map It
- Phone: 1494/299900; 11/2435–6145; 11/4666–1666
- Website: www.neemranahotels.com
- Location: Jaipur
- 25 rooms, 34 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Phew..Visa arrived. We did use a company in Houston to obtain visa and they arrived a week before we needed them.
Here is our itinerary:
We are staying i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more