- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Lake Pichola Hotel
At a Glance
- city and lake views
- good service
- difficult approach through narrow, crowded lanes
Check Rates from our Partners
Lake Pichola Hotel Review
For the price, this hotel has some great features, including a rooftop pool and restaurant, rooms with private terraces, suites with Jacuzzi or steam room, and a lakeside location. Not to be confused with the Lake Palace, this hotel is run by a Rajput family who provide friendly service. The rooms are homey, if not elegant, but there are various options, including deluxe rooms and suites. The small new pool gives the place an edge over the neighbours, and the restaurant menu ranges from standard Indian fare to Mexican food, with a large, reasonably-priced wine list.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
We're beginning to plan a trip to Southern India for February.
We'd like to break the long economy class trip from New York to Bangalore into 2 parts.
We could also land in Mumbai, or Delhi, if one o Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more