- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
8 July Restaurant
8 July Restaurant Review
Run by an eccentric Indo-Australian and his wife Rama Bhatia, this restaurant serves simple snacks, pizzas, vegetable dishes, waffles, and wonderful coffee milk shakes throughout the day—the ice cream and freshly baked bread is made on the premises, from scratch. Indian dishes on the menu include egg curry and pav bhaji (vegetable curry with bread), a popular street-food snack served throughout Maharashtra and Mumbai. Homesick Brits and Australians should note that Marmite and Vegemite can be purchased here. The restaurant is just inside the fort, up a staircase, and has beautiful views of Jaisalmer's Old Palace.
- Address: Fort, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
- Phone: 2992/252–814
- Location: Jaisalmer and Environs
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
As some of you may already know from my responses in this forum, I've been mulling the idea of a trip to India for some time, but have not had the courage to bite the bullet. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more