- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
8 July Restaurant
8 July Restaurant Review
Run by an eccentric Indo-Australian and his wife Rama Bhatia, this restaurant serves simple snacks, pizzas, vegetable dishes, waffles, and wonderful coffee milk shakes throughout the day—the ice cream and freshly baked bread is made on the premises, from scratch. Indian dishes on the menu include egg curry and pav bhaji (vegetable curry with bread), a popular street-food snack served throughout Maharashtra and Mumbai. Homesick Brits and Australians should note that Marmite and Vegemite can be purchased here. The restaurant is just inside the fort, up a staircase, and has beautiful views of Jaisalmer's Old Palace.
- Address: Fort, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, 345001
- Phone: 2992/252-814
- Location: Jaisalmer and Environs
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Jaipur: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $17+/Nt Expedia
- Super Low Ahmedabad Rate: Book Fr $111+/Nt Hotels.com
- Save in Ahmedabad: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $60+/Nt — $60 Expedia
- Super Low Ahmedabad Rate: Book Fr $41+/Nt — $41 Hotels.com
- Book 3 Nts in Ahmedabad this May Fr $103+/Nt — $103 Expedia
I travelled to Agra in feb & spent 2-1/2 days there. Read more
It’s been almost three weeks since my return from India and I still am dreaming of tigers and eating homemade naan. Read more
Need a small advice on my trip. Want to visit either Nepal or Kashmir for a week with my spouse. Just want a decent holiday. Please suggest me better choice .
Cheers! Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more