- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Mandore Gardens Review
Within the old Marwar capital at Mandore, these gardens house the exquisitely sculpted red-sandstone davals (memorials) to former rulers. The Hall of Heroes depicts 16 colorfully painted heroes and deities carved from a single piece of stone. The small museum on the grounds has sculptures from the 5th to the 9th centuries as well as ivory and lacquer work. It's definitely worth a visit here for the davals, but the gardens are not well maintained, and are no longer the picnic-spot destination they used to be.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
We're beginning to plan a trip to Southern India for February.
We'd like to break the long economy class trip from New York to Bangalore into 2 parts.
We could also land in Mumbai, or Delhi, if one o Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more