- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This is a leading shop for designer and ethnic wear, mostly in cotton, with hand block prints and paisley patterns. The selection includes saris and other clothing—both Indian and casual Western—and it has the prettiest lehengas (skirts) in the state. You can also get beautiful bedspreads, quilts, and cloth bags here.
Anokhi Museum. To learn more about the hand block printing and textiles with natural pigments and dyes that you might want to shop for, check out this museum on your way in our out of Amber Fort (there is a small shop, too). Chanwar Palkiwalon ki Haveli, Kheri Gate, Amber Fort, 302002. 141/253–0226 or 141/400–7245. www.anokhi.com/museum/visit.html. Closed Mon.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The southern rural province of Kerala is very different from India's urban centers: it is uncrowded, clean, with a relaxed pace - a great place to unwind, eat fresh seafood, swim in warm winte Read more
First of all, I want to thank all posters from whom I gleaned information for my India trip. Read more
We normally prefer small boutique hotels. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more