- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Where Is It Served?
Bade Miya, next to Gokul Bar on Tullock Road, off Shahid Bhagat Singh Road (enter the lane next to Café Mondegar and take the next right) is an open-air stall that has been supplying hungry Mumbaikars with kebabs and baida (white-flour) rotis for more than 50 years; they're open through the night until the early morning. Also check out the Elco food stalls and the Elco Restaurant in Bandra.
Head to Kailash Parbat or Swati Snacks to sample bhel puris and sev puris. Also visit Shiv Shankar Tiwari's Dahi Puri stall on B. Road (aka Karmveer Pandit Shobhnath Mishra Marg) off Marine Drive, next to the InterContinental hotel.
There's a fellow outside Churchgate Station—ask around for the omelet pav man, as his stand doesn't have a name—who makes the best aanda pav in town; he starts in the evening and is open into the wee hours of the morning.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe