- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
All of India in one city: Mumbai is both modern and old-fashioned, rich and poor, beautiful and ugly—all of India concentrated in one metropolis.
One big feast: From down-home seafood joints to upscale temples of gastronomy, many of Mumbai's restaurants are the best in India.
Experience India's bazaars: The buzz of a typical Indian bazaar is fascinating, and Mumbai is packed with them; time to get shopping.
Check out Chowpatty: No visit to Mumbai would be complete without a nighttime stroll along this carnivalesque stretch of beach.
The Ancient Caves of Ajanta and Ellora: Take a side trip to see the awe-inspiring carvings and paintings, basing yourself in Aurangabad.Updated: 03-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's