- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mumbai is not only India's largest city, it's also one of the largest cities in the world, both in size and population. Nearly 20 million are crammed into an area of a little more than 4,000 square km (1,600 square miles)—that's about 5,000 people per square km (11,000 people per square mile). On a peninsula jutting out of the western coast of India and facing the Arabian Sea, in the state of Maharashtra, Mumbai is roughly equidistant from the three other main Indian cities of New Delhi, Kolkata, and Chennai.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's