- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Oh! Calcutta Review
Rarely packed, even on Saturday night, because its in the infrequently visited centre, Oh! Calcutta serves the city's best Bengali food in a fine-dining environment of dark-wood set off by simple black-and-white archival photos from the British raj. The food is exquisite, and if it's all too unfamiliar, defer to the waiters—some of the best in the city—to choose something, based on your specifications. Start with Roshun Bhapa Maach, a steamed bekti (a freshwater fish) marinated with kashundi (Bengali-style mustard), green chili paste, and garlic. For a main course, you can't go wrong with the aam kashundi kakra (breaded stir-fried crabmeat in an orange-mango mustard sauce).
- Address: Rosewood Hotel, Tulsi Wadi La., near Tardeo A/C Market Central Mumba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400034
- Phone: 22/2496–3114
- Location: Mumbai
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The southern rural province of Kerala is very different from India's urban centers: it is uncrowded, clean, with a relaxed pace - a great place to unwind, eat fresh seafood, swim in warm winte Read more
First of all, I want to thank all posters from whom I gleaned information for my India trip. Read more
My husband and I are working with an agent to reserve rail, flight and drivers. Read more
· News & Features
Everyone is falling for Mumbai, including Soho House which is about to open its first Asian outpost there. ... Read more
The exclusive, jetsetter-friendly Soho House has announced five new houses in their international expansion,... Read more
With mid-cruise voyages to distant landlocked spots as well as uncommon ports of call closer to home,... Read more