- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Oh! Calcutta Review
Rarely packed, even on Saturday night, because its in the infrequently visited centre, Oh! Calcutta serves the city's best Bengali food in a fine-dining environment of dark-wood set off by simple black-and-white archival photos from the British raj. The food is exquisite, and if it's all too unfamiliar, defer to the waiters—some of the best in the city—to choose something, based on your specifications. Start with Roshun Bhapa Maach, a steamed bekti (a freshwater fish) marinated with kashundi (Bengali-style mustard), green chili paste, and garlic. For a main course, you can't go wrong with the aam kashundi kakra (breaded stir-fried crabmeat in an orange-mango mustard sauce).
- Address: Rosewood Hotel, Tulsi Wadi La., near Tardeo A/C Market Central Mumba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400034
- Phone: 22/2496–3114
- Location: Mumbai
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Looking for a great hotel for 3 nights in November for a mature couple Location, food, service, quiet, cleanliness are all factors. Read more
· News & Features
Everyone is falling for Mumbai, including Soho House which is about to open its first Asian outpost there. ... Read more
The exclusive, jetsetter-friendly Soho House has announced five new houses in their international expansion,... Read more
With mid-cruise voyages to distant landlocked spots as well as uncommon ports of call closer to home,... Read more